Friday 14 August 2015

What I've been Watching Lately | Summer Edition


Mad Max Fury Road
There are so many things to admire about this film from the stunning visuals to the script and the bad-ass female characters. Something I also love is the fact that the plot is so simple; they drive down a road and turn around. It is as simple as that and yet, you get to experience two hours worth of a brilliant movie. This is probably my favourite film of the year so far.

Ant Man
I did not have high expectations for this film after watching the trailer and though it would be a bit silly. But, it was actually rather good. There was humour that was actually funny and not cringe worthy like in Avengers 2. There was also a good ratio of action scenes to the rest of the film. I do recommend that you watch it just because it is a good film and if you ever what to watch any future Marvel films and understand them, I'm betting that you will need to watch this one.

Home
I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed this film. It was a bit strange at first hearing Sheldon Cooper's voice making grammatical errors but soon got over it because I was just so engrossed in the film. Yes, it is a film for kids, but who does't love watching a kids film now and then? If you are looking for a humorous, feel-good film then definitely watch Home. 

Spy
I have been a huge fan of Melissa McCarthy ever since her role in Bridesmaids and was very eager to see Spy. And I loved it. It was really funny and the cast was excellent. I particularly liked Jason Statham and Rose Byrne. The only bad thing I can say about the film is that the plot was a bit generic to any other spy comedy film. None the less, this is a must see. 


Mission Impossible Rogue Nation
I really really really liked this film. I am a big fan of the 4th Mission Impossible and I might even like this one a bit better. I liked that you couldn't really tell if certain characters were good or not and there were a lot of surprises from the onset and thought. And as always, the stunts were brilliant. If you can, go see it in the cinema!

Cinderella
I pleasantly surprised with this film. I genuinely enjoyed everything about it, from the cast to the visuals and script. This might be my bias towards Disney talking, but there are just so many things about this film to love.  If you are a huge Disney fan then I really do think you will enjoy this film.

Aloha
There is no nice way of putting it, this has got to be one of the worst films I have ever watched. The film was so confusing with under-developed characters and a very weak and predictable plot. I do not understand how a film with such a good cast including Emma Stone, Bradley Cooper, Rachel McAdams, Bill Murry and Alec Baldwin can be so so poor. I was actually really looking forward to watching the film and it was a big disappointment. 

Age of Adeline
I really don't know how I feel about this film. I can't tell if I feel bad for the main character, Adeline, who doesn't age for over 100 years or annoyed that she victimises herself constantly throughout the film. It's an alright film if you feel like killing some time. 

Any good films that you've watched lately?

Sarah x

Design by | SweetElectric